Queer Icons and Their Cats
These cat lovers are out and purr-oud!
Freddie Mercury, Sylvia Rivera, Alison Bechdel, Dusty Springfield. This book is a celebration of queer icons of the past and present and their furry feline friends. From images of lost legends such as Josephine Baker and James Baldwin, to snapshots of contemporary trailblazers like comedian Tig Notaro and fashion designer Jason Wu—these charming and eccentric photographs capture what it truly means to be a cat purr-son.
- PURR-FECT FOR CAT LOVERS: This book celebrates the love between human and cat. What better gift could you get the feline fancier in your life?
- AMEWSING ANECDOTES AND IMPAWTENT MOMENTS: Learn about the lives of the queer heroes who came before us and those who are still fighting for equality and inclusion. We're not kitten around—with watershed moments like the Stonewall riots and sweet stories of domestic bliss, this book will both entertain and inspire you.
- PHOTOS WITH CATITUDE: In these purr-ecious photographs, you'll get to see your heroes in unguarded moments expressing love for their pets. This collection of images will bring joy to any cat lover's heart.
- LGBTQIA+ cat lovers and the people who shop for them
- Anyone interested in learning more about influential queer figures—and their pets!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Alison Nastasi is a Los Angeles-based journalist and artist. She is the author of Artists and Their Cats and Writers and Their Cats, also from Chronicle Books.
PJ Nastasi is a special-collections librarian living in upstate New York with their partner. This is their first book.
- ISBN: 9781797203782
- Format: Hardcover
- Size: 6 x 8 V
- Pages: 104
- Publication Date: 06/22/2021
How do I start a return or exchange?
Contact us to begin the process. Please include your order number.
As per our policy, returns and exchanges must be done within 14 days of your delivery date, not the purchase date. Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns after the 14 day period.
Other important details:
- In the event of a return, we are not responsible for shipping costs back to us and cannot refund original shipping charges.
- International and sale items are final sale and are non-returnable. ** Please note ** Sale items purchased during storewide seasonal sales where items are reduced in price (including the Anniversary Sale, Black Friday Sale, end of season sales, and holiday sales) are not eligible for return —unfortunately, no exceptions.
- You may return any product for a full refund within 14 days of the delivery date, given that your purchase was not purchased during a storewide sale or is a final sale item.
We ask items to be returned within two weeks of the delivery date. We are a small business and our inventory is constantly moving. Thank you for your understanding.
What Items Are Final Sale?
+ All SITE-WIDE SALE purchases are FINAL SALE. Return requests on sale merchandise will not be accepted (including the Anniversary Sale, Black Friday Sale, end of season sales, and holiday sales) are not eligible for return —unfortunately, no exceptions.
+ All face masks and bodysuits are FINAL SALE.
+ All returns are accepted at the sole discretion of Studio Opal (fancy talk for make sure your return meets our return policy requirements above).
Please allow 2-4 business days for your refund to process after your return has been delivered. For refunds, it may take an additional 5-7 business days to be reflected in your statements depending on where you bank.
Please note: We don't offer refund, store credit, or replacements on purchases past the 14-day return window or items that have been worn or washed. We also do not offer returns on face masks and bodysuits. If you have any questions about the status of your return, please let us know and get in touch. We do not take responsibility for items returned to us without being notified first and/or items that are returned with a shipping alternative where you are not able to track the package. Please contact us directly with any questions you have about the return process.