With uses dating back to the Middle Ages, Clary Sage essential oil includes relaxing and soothing properties that help with rejuvenation and calming of the skin.
Clary Sage is a biennial or perennial herb that grows up to six feet in height. Clary Sage is known for its calming properties and benefits to the skin. The main chemical component of Clary Sage is linalyl acetate, part of the esters group, making it one of the most relaxing, soothing, and balancing essential oils. In the Middle Ages, the Clary Sage plant was frequently used to soothe skin. Inhaling Clary Sage adds to a relaxing environment, and internal use promotes a restful night’s sleep.*
- Rub three to five drops on the abdomen for a soothing massage.
- Combine with Roman Chamomile and add to bath water for a stress-relieving bath.
- Add to shampoo or hair conditioner to promote healthy hair and scalp.
- Combine with a carrier oil to massage, soothe, or rejuvenate skin.
- Promotes healthy-looking hair and scalp
- Promotes a restful night’s sleep when taken internally*
- Calming and soothing to the skin
Woody, herbal, coniferous
Linalyl acetate, linalool
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.