New York Times Bestseller
Dumpty: The Age of Trump in Verse is Volume 1 of a satirical poetry collection from award-winning actor and bestselling author John Lithgow. Chronicling the last few raucous years in American politics, Lithgow takes readers verse by verse through the history of Donald Trump's presidency.
- Lampoons the likes of Betsy DeVos, William Barr, Rudy Giuliani, and dozens more.
- Illustrated from cover to cover with Lithgow's never-before-seen line drawings.
- Draws inspiration from A. A. Milne, Lewis Carroll, Edward Lear, and even Mother Goose.
- Great for fans of A Very Stable Genius by Mike Luckovich, Win Bigly: Persuasion in a World Where Facts Don't Matter by Scott Adams, and The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah.
The poems collected in Dumpty draw inspiration from A. A. Milne, Lewis Carroll, Edward Lear, Rodgers and Hammerstein, Mother Goose, and many more.
A feat of laugh-out-loud lyrical storytelling, this timely volume is bound to bring joy to poetry lovers, political junkies, and Lithgow fans alike.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
John Lithgow is an actor with two Tonys, six Emmys, two Golden Globes, and two Oscar nominations. He has starred in the hit TV series 3rd Rock from the Sun, Dexter, The Crown, and Perry Mason and in critically acclaimed films such as The World According to Garp, Terms of Endearment, and the recent Bombshell. Lithgow has performed on Broadway twenty-five times and in England with both the Royal Shakespeare Company and the National Theatre. In addition to the New York Times bestseller Dumpty, he has written nine children's picture books, and his recordings for kids have landed him four Grammy nominations.
- Format: Hardcover
- Pages: 112
- Size: 6 X 8 V
- Publication Date: 10/22/2019
- ISBN: 9781452182759